A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies can be used by web servers to identity and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
1. Cookies on this website
|ASPSESSIONID#||lenses.jaikudo.com||Preserves users states across page requests||HTTP||Session|
|CookieConsent||lenses.jaikudo.com||Stores the user's cookie consent state for the current domain||HTTP||1 year|
|_ga||jaikudo.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||HTTP||2 years|
|_gat||jaikudo.com||Used by Google Analytics to throttle request rate||HTTP||Session|
|_gid||jaikudo.com||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website||HTTP||Session|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels||Pixel||Session|
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
(1) to recognise your computer when you visit our website;
(2) to improve the website’s usability;
(3) to analyse the use of our website;
(4) in the administration of this website;
(5) to personalise our website for you.
3. Third party cookies
When you use our website, you may also be sent third party cookies.
Our advertisers or service providers may send you cookies. They may use the information they obtain from your use of their cookies:
(1) to track your browser across multiple websites
(2) to build a profile of your web surfing;
(3) to target advertisements which may be of particular interest to you.
4. Blocking cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies. For example:
(1) in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector
(2) in Firefox you can block all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, and un-checking “Accept cookies from sites” in the “Privacy” box.
Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use the shopping basket on this website.
5. Deleting cookies
You can also delete cookies already stored on your computer:
(1) in Internet Explorer, you must manually delete cookie files;
(2) in Firefox, you can delete cookies by, first ensuring that cookies are to be deleted when you “clear private data” (this setting can be changed by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Settings” in the “Private Data” box) and then clicking “Clear private data” in the “Tools” menu.
Obviously, doing this may have a negative impact on the usability of many websites.
From time to time, we may make changes to this policy and no personal information provided by you under the terms of this policy will be used in a manner that is materially inconsistent with it without your prior written consent. This Policy was last updated in May 2018.